Ashton Applewhite Tour
The EveryAGE Counts campaign is very excited to host the 2019 Australian speaking tour of US anti-ageism campaigner, Ashton Applewhite. Ashton is the author of This Chair Rocks – A Manifesto Against Ageism, and is an activist on a mission to raise awareness of our age bias – between our ears and in the world around us – and to make age a criterion for diversity.
Ashton will be speaking at public events in Sydney, Hobart, Canberra, Adelaide, Melbourne, Fremantle* and Brisbane. Here are the confirmed public events for the tour. Many thanks to our many wonderful partners in making this happen. Keep an eye out on this page for updates on ticketing and logistics.
- Hobart, Saturday 2 November, in partnership with COTA TAS and Wicking Dementia Research & Education Centre Tickets Available
- Canberra, Wednesday 6 November, National Press Club Address Tickets Available
Sydney, Saturday 9 November, in partnership with UNSW Centre for Ideas' ‘Unthinkable’ Festival Tickets Available
- Melbourne, Sunday 10 November, in partnership with TEDx Melbourne and State Library Victoria Tickets Available
- Adelaide, Tuesday 13 November in partnership with Uniting Communities, ECH and COTA SA Tickets Available
- Brisbane, Tuesday 19 November, in partnership with Integrity 20, Griffith University Tickets Available
- Fremantle*, Wednesday 20 November, in partnership with Age Friendly Australia National Forum Tickets Available
* Please note the Fremantle event is part of a conference but is open to the public to attend.
If you haven’t seen Ashton’s TED talk, here’s the link so you can watch it now!
'This Chair Rocks' will be available for purchase, together with book signings at each event.
If you can't make one of the events, This Chair Rocks, is available in most good bookstores and also online - click here to purchase the book online.